#18[Be a Food Blogger] Watermelon Soju and KFC at Chicken up, Tanjong Pagar

Chicken Up's a restaurant with a special meaning to me. It was the place where I celebrated by 18th birthday with Watermelon Soju! :D

I first came across Chicken Up via Facebook, and was wowed by the types of fruity soju available, ranging from watermelon soju to pineapple and apple soju! Hence, I immediately thought of Chicken Up as a place to celebrate my 18 (with soju)! :D 
     
Chicken Up (Photograph Credits to: http://www.juzdeals.com/sg/d/1159448/nett-famous-kimchi-bulgogi-fries.html)

I went about celebrating my birthday with my mum, who wanted to have a little mother-daughter dinner with me (Ps: Just to clarify, we did celebrate my birthday with my mum, dad and brother prior to our mother-daughter dinner :D). For two persons, we  ordered a Watermelon Soju (SGD$38), 4 pcs Soya Chicken Wings (SGD$12), 4pcs Spicy Yangnyum Chicken Wings (SGD$12), and a Yangpa bomb (Fried Onion)  (SGD$12).

The Yangpa bomb was tasty. Fried in a crispy batter, the texture was crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, and was something I would like to have. However, the pepper chefs added into the batter was way too overpowering, and the entire dish became so spicy that I couldn't finish it. But being someone who don't take spiciness that well, I give Chicken Up the full credit of putting effort towards the dish.


The highlight of the day, the watermelon soju, was refreshing. The watermelon was big, juicy, and cold. With soju added in the watermelon soju tasted sweeter and easier to drink, and I helped myself to my quite a bit of soju on my birthday. 


The chicken (Spicy Yangnyum and Soy Sauce) wings tasted alright, both having sauces that were well-seasoned. The wings were fried such that, despite the crispiness, the chicken meat was kept juicy. Savoury and tasty on the whole. The portion was really big, and both of us found it difficult to finish what we ordered. 






On the whole, we had a great dining experience at Chicken Up, and the food was good. Not necessarily the best, but definitely worth a second visit.

[Chicken Up Tanjong Pagar]
48 Tanjong Pagar Rd #01-01, 088469
[Telephone]:6327 1203
[Opening Hours]: 
Sunday 5:30PM–12AM
Monday 5:30PM–2AM
Tuesday 5:30PM–2AM
Wednesday 5:30PM–2AM
Thursday 5:30PM–2AM
Friday 5:30PM–3AM
Saturday 5:30PM–3AM

[Facebook]: https://www.facebook.com/ChickenUp
[Website]: http://www.chicken-up.com/


Comments