#6 [Be a Food Blogger] Yogiyo Chicken at myVillage, Maju Avenue

A Kpop-frenzy, I loved trying out all sorts of Korean food, and one of them is the infamous KFC or Korean Fried Chicken. I realised that Yogiyo Chicken at myVillage, Maju Avenue offers really awesome Fried Yang Nyam (양념) Chicken and Sweet Soy Chicken. So without further ado, here's my foodie experience at Yogiyo Chicken!
Yogiyo Chicken Shop Sign! :D
I went to Yogiyo on two separate occasions, and I loved both the food and the smooth ordering purchase.  First of all, the menu is displayed on the table itself, so you can just order without flipping through pages and pages from the menu booklet. Then, the staffs are patient when customers order, and collection is done with the help of a buzzer. Everything is so simple and fuss-free.
Menu displayed on the table itself! :D

Menu displayed on the table itself! :D
Then, the food is tasty and comforting--at a reasonable price too. Main courses like ramyun/ramen is priced at $4.90 for the original flavour and $5.50 for options such as cheese, chicken and kimchi. Chicken costs from $4.90 for 3 pieces of wings/drumettes and fries to $7.90 for 5 pieces of wings and fries and $8.40 for a boneless chicken set with fries. They even have couple sets ( 2 3-pieces chicken (wings/drumettes) sets + 2 drinks @ $11.30), and combos (Ramyun+ 3 pieces wings/drumettes set), which is good if you come with friends, or simply if you have a big tummy like me.

Sets and combos available! :D
On my first visit, I ordered a Kimchi ramyun ($5.80) and a Cheese ramyun ($5.80) to share between my mother and I. The kimchi, as described by my mother, was one of the best she ate. Not so sour and fermented, and just nice for locals. So the entire dish really suited my mother a lot. I personally liked the kimchi as well, but I simply loved the cheese ramyun. Well garnished with corn bits, carrots and cheese slices, the soup became richer and richer as the cheese slices melt in the warm soup. Really really tasty. :D
Kimchi Ramyun ($5.50) and Cheese Ramyun ($5.50)
We were given a complimentary chicken-collabo set and ddokbokgi. The chicken-collabo set was a sampler dish, which consists of both Sweet Boneless Chicken ($8.40 with fries) and Sweet Soy Wings/Drumlettes ($4.90 for 3 pieces with fries, $7.90 for 5 pieces with fries). The sweet sauce chicken was marinated in the famous Korean Yang Nyum sauce, which had a slight garlic taste. Quite liked the faint garlic taste. Good. But it was the Sweet Soy Wings/Drumettes that had the kick, or the 'shiok' factor in our Singaporean context. The chicken was literally 'fried-to-crisp' and is crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside. 'No-play-play' . The sauce, slightly sweet in taste, complements the wings really well. Words can't really do the chicken justice, and one must really go try it out. Awesome chicken. I mean it. Really. It was the best dish of the day.

My complimentary chicken-collabo set! :D

Ddokbokgi ($5.80), better known as Korean rice cakes, was fine. The honey-sweet sauce was better than the peppery ddokbokgi sauce other restaurants use. Not so spicy, and more comforting I would say. The ddok (rice cakes) were chewy.

Ddukbokgi ($5.80)

On my second visit to Yogiyo, I had the Bibimbap ($5.80). Well seasoned with sesame oil, garnished with crispy seaweed and crunchy vegetables, I could remember finishing the entire plate within 5 minutes. If there must be something that I need to comment on, I would say that the chicken could have been cooked slightly softer. But still, its really good overall.
Bibimbap ($5.80)

Ordered a 5 pieces Sweet Soy Wings/Drumettes Set ($7.90) and a 3 pieces Sweet Wings/Drumettes Set as well, and they didn't disappoint. The chicken were again fried to crisp, juicy and pretty much lived up to my expectations. Drizzled with mayonnaise, the fries were also crispy and tasty. Overall, pretty good food. The foodie experience was great! Thank you Yogiyo for the nice hospitality.
3 pieces Sweet Wings/Drumettes Set ($5.90).

5 pieces Sweet Soy Wings/Drumettes Set ($7.90).

[Conclusion] Great experience. Nice food. I even got to have a short chat with Yogiyo's Korean boss, Yim Hobin ssi, and found out that he cooked all the food by himself! Kudos to the great cook and the great food! In addition, heard from Hobin ssi that the restaurant will be delivering with Food Panda next month, and I'm actively waiting for the day to come! :D Currently, pre-orders are available via telephone at 9617 9785. And, to top things off, Yogiyo is giving a special promotion for all readers of 180 Things! Just flash 180 Things' blog page upon ordering and get a free 3 pieces chicken (wings/drumettes) set (with fries) with $30 spent! :D
A photograph with Hobin ssi, Yogiyo's Korean boss! :D

[Yogiyo Chicken]
1 Maju Avenue
#B1-K1/K2/K5
MyVillage @, Serangoon Garden Way

[Update]: Yogiyo had revised its menu. The new menu can be seen below:





Comments