[Pre-180, Be a Food Blogger] Woo Lee Jeeb Dae Bak@ Nex Food Junction

Woo Lee Jeeb Dae Bak @ Nex Food Junction was one of my favourite K-food hideouts. While presentation of the food can be slightly on and off at times, the food is generally okay, the location is convenient and prices are reasonable. :) So let's get into the review! :)

*Prices were set based on an estimate of my expenditure during my past visits. 

First of all, Woo Lee Jeeb is a pretty decent place for some Korean quick fix. Do not expect to have the restaurant-grade Korean food served, but if you're looking for some simple Korean food to satisfy your cravings, I would say that Woo Lee Jeeb fares quite well on that.

Of my many visits, I've tried quite a few items off the menu. 

The Hotstone Bibimbap (~$7) is one that is very filling. The gochujang (or spicy pepper sauce) could be quite overpowering and spicy, but overall the vegetables are crunchy, the meat is fine, and its a comforting hot dish. I would say that the food's fine for the price. :)
Hotstone Bibimbap (~$7)
On one of the visits, I tried the bossam or the braised pork. The meat was seasoned well, and was tasty. It could have been a good dish to go with some soju in dramas. :)

Bossam

Bossam
 However, some of the better food I've had during my visits were the BBQ pork and beef sets (~$7-$8) which come with a bowl of rice and seaweed soup. The meat was grilled with crunchy beansprouts and doused with the special peanut chilli oil which I loved a lot. The dish was very fragrant and the meat, along with the chilli oil, will really make me want more! :)

Hotstone Bibimbap, Kimchi Soup, Ginseng Chicken (~$9), Grilled pork (~$7)

In addition to the dishes, I felt that the cold buckwheat noodles (~$9) and seafood pancake (~$10). The buckwheat noodles were very tangy and this coupled well with the crunchy kimchi and the slightly sour cold soup broth. Point to note, I noticed, on one occasion, that the marinated sliced beef 'jerky' (that comes with the cold noodles) were giving off a shiny metallic green colour. While this might make you worry a little, fret not, I'm pretty sure you could order one without the beef. :)

Seafood pancake was awesome! And while it looks flatter and more 'doughy' as compared to those in Korean restaurants, the pancake was rather flavourful and chewy. It's also one of my favourite dishes apart from the BBQ pork. :)

Cold Buckwheat Noodles (~$9) and Seafood Pancakes (~$10)

On some occasions I would order the spicy Korean rice cakes (~$5.70). I would say that while it did satisfy my cravings for the chewy snack, the serving was too little. Would have expected more for a plate of rice cakes that cost around $6.  
Spicy Rice Cakes (~$5.70)
Drinks-wise, the canned rice drink (shikhye) is quite tasty and light, and I would definitely recommend it. And another note, while the stall does not sell kimbap (or Korean sushi rolls) on their regular menu, there might be some available for sale on the day of your visit if you're lucky enough. Just ask the counter if there's kimbap available. Was lucky enough to have the kimbap during one of my visits. 
Rice Drink (Shikhye) (~$2.50) and Grape Drink (~$2.50)
Kimbap
Overall, Woo Lee Jeeb serves great comfort food at affordable prices. :D Good experience on a whole and the food tasted nice all these time. 

[Conclusion] Great place, and would visit regularly for quick fixes. :D
Photograph of Woo Lee Jeeb's Shop front (Credits to http://sg.openrice.com/singapore/photo/woo-lee-jeeb-dae-bak-food-junction-serangoon/63752/122912?con=door)
[Woo Lee Jeeb Dae Bak] Nex, Food Junction, next to Lao Huo Tang
23 Serangoon Central #04-36/37


Comments