[Pre-180, My SJI Days] Interviewing Scoot Kpop Starhunt Singapore Finalist Evon Chua with SJI Korea Club Friends

Apart from our closed door meetup session with Ferlyn, our KCC also managed to grab an hour long interview Scoot Kpop Starhunt 3 Singapore Finalist Evon Chua! :) The interview at UTown was surely a memorable one. It was the first time where I got to interview someone! :) (Ps: I bet its a meaningful one for our other 8 KCC friends who attended the interview as well!) 

Evon at Scoot Kpop Starhunt 3 Singapore Finals (Credits to hallyusg.net)
The interview was a smooth and fruitful as we started to talk about anything and everything (apart from the more rigid interview Q&A) from school, dancing and even Korean foods. To add on, Evon even listened to our KCC mini album tracks! She was just like an old friend of ours and we spoke really freely the whole time :)

Our group photograph with Evon. :)
For a feel, here are some of the things we asked about during the interview:

1. How do you think Korean culture has influenced Singapore culture? 
It brings people together, just like how we are brought together now. (Laughs)

2. What aspect of Korean culture are you most interested in?

Food, especially Koreans noodles. Cos they are really nice to eat. Hmmm, let me see...naengmyeon, jajangmyeon. (Burst into laughter)

3. Why did you want to be a Kpop Star?
I didn’t think of being a Kpop Star actually. I had thought of becoming a singer, and it apparently came along that I have this opportunity to be a Kpop Star. I wanted to be a Mandarin singer and joined Mandarin singing competitions initially. Life brought me into K-Pop and it was good.

4. Out of the whole KPop Star Hunt experience, which one would you say is the most valuable? Making friends from different countries who loves singing and friends who share the same passion with us.

5. Would you recommend this experience to others? 
Yes, definitely. Go ahead and try it out. It's going to be another experience for yourself.

6. Were there times when you doubted your decision to join the competition? 
No, on the whole I don’t regret my decision. Although there were some apprehensions when I was going to Korea, but it was still worth it on the whole.

7. How long have you trained for the competition? 
All my life (jokingly). I was dancing all the time so I guess I was prepared. Vocal-wise, I chose a repertoire of songs and prepared for 2-3 months before flying off to Korea.

8. What are your future goals in pursuing your dream? 
Writing songs, sending my demos to recording companies worldwide.

This is an extremely special opportunity to us to 'work' as little media reporters interviewing people in the Kpop scene. In fact, all of us had a good time asking our questions, and 'frantically' copying down Evon's responses (she spoke fairly quickly). :)

Great experience! :D

Comments