[Pre-180, Be a Reporter, My SJI Days] Covering Korean Actress Ha Ji Won's 1st Asia Tour in Singapore with Media Pass (SJI Korea Club (KCC) Representative)

Back in 2014 December, our KCC heard on TV and media outlets that a famous Korean actress, Ha Ji Won, would be coming to Singapore for her first fan meeting. Curious as we could be, we were wondering if we could send in a letter of request to the event organiser, KMTV, for a media invitation to cover the event. I did so, and to our pleasant surprise, KMTV actually invited us to attend Ha Ji Won's 1st Asia Tour in Singapore as one of their media partners!

2015 Ha Ji Won 1st Asia Tour in Singapore
On 10 January 2015, I went to cover the event as a student journalist. I collected my first ever media pass, and even met up with some of the reporters from renowned newspapers and websites! :) There was about 30 minutes worth of 'mingling time' where I got to talk with an intern from U weekly magazine and other reporters from renowned Korean websites.

My media pass! :D

My selfie with some of the online reporters I met! :D


Group photograph with the Korean staffs behind the event! :D
Thereafter, I was directed to the media seats, where I sat through the fan meeting. This fan meeting was especially special to me. I was working while enjoying the fan meet. I had to copy notes and take lots of photographs to do coverage for this event. (on our KCC blog) The fan meeting was very fast paced, such that there is no one time where I can put down my pen or my camera. I took about 400 plus photographs and wrote more than ten pages worth of notes after the entire event. Although I was busy working, there was one time where I got to squeal and enjoy the meeting as a fan--during the High Touch Session. Below are some of the photographs I took at the event!











The fan meeting ended with a high touch session where everyone in the conference hall, including (online) reporters like myself, got to share a high-five with Ha Ji Won. It was great to see Ha Ji Won in person and high-five with her after spending years looking at her from the TV screen! :)


This was my first time being invited to a fan meeting with a media pass. It was a brand new experience for me. I met up with many different reporters, got to chat with them, got to take notes and photographs for the fan meeting, and I got to high-five with the famous artiste. It was really an eyeopener and an experience that I will never forget. :)

Stay tuned to our next post on 2015 Ha Ji Won 1st Asia Tour as I repost our SJI KCC coverage on this blog! :D

Comments