[Pre-180, My adventures at 16, Be a Food Blogger] Short-short foodie post---XLB @ Paradise Dynasty Vivocity

When I had a full 2 months holidays following 'O Levels' (that's in late year 2013-early 2014), I told myself that I will visit new places to try out new things. And I titled this journey of 'trying-out-new-stuffs' "My adventures at 16". So after finding out about various new things to try out, I decided that Paradise Dynasty's 8 Colour Xiao Long Baos (XLB) is on the top of my list. :D

Operated by Paradise group, Paradise Dynasty one of its newer concepts, with its signature being the 8-colour XLBs.

Me posing with my 8-colour XLBs ($13.80++) and cold barley (~$2.80++) drink! :D
After finding my friend Yu Jia to join me on this food adventure, taking a 45-minute MRT ride to Vivocity and saving $30 to try on the XLBs, I finally found myself inside the restaurant. Nicely decorated. With staffs dressed professionally to take our orders, both Yu Jia and I felt like Tai-Tais having some nice afternoon tea at a high-end restaurant. :P

The restaurant has nice ambience! :D

With our foodie adventure and our student budget in mind, we fixed on having a basket of 8-colour XLBs ($13.80++) each as our main course, and cold barley (~$2.80++) as our choice of beverage. The 8-colour XLBs consists of the Original flavour, Ginseng flavour (green colour), Foie Gras flavour (brown colour), Black Truffle flavour (black colour), Cheese flavour (yellow colour), Crab Roe flavour (orange colour), Garlic flavour (dark brown colour) and Szechuan flavour(pink colour). Pretty exciting! :D

Our XLBs came after some slight waiting, piping-hot, and both of us were eager to savour the dim sum item. But first things first, there's an instruction sheet teaching us how to best savour the flavour of XLBs! Starting with the original XLB, one proceeds to eating ginseng, foie gras, black truffle, cheesy, crab ros, garlic and then szechuan (which is the richest in flavour).

Instructions on eating XLBs! :D
We ate according to the order, and the taste of the XLBs was satisfying. I personally liked the black truffle the best. It has a deep flavour that appealed to me. The others were fine and were, in fact tasty. On the whole, the XLB's skin (thickness) was just right, fillings were generous and flavourful. Aesthetics wise, 100/100 points. :D Loved the soups in the XLBs as well. The only thing the both of us felt wasn't enough was the portion. :P Could've been better if there were one or two more XLBs. Would really like to get a few more baskets if not for our budget! :D

8-colour XLBs ($13.80++)

8-colour XLBs ($13.80++)
[Conclusion] Nice and interesting foodie adventure. Tried something 'atas' and new. Felt like a boss while eating. :D Will learn to save up more so that I can visit again. :)

[Paradise Dynasty Vivocity]
1 Harbourfront Walk
#03-08A VivoCity
Singapore 098585
[Telephone]:6376 8103
[Opening Hours]: 10.30am-10pm

Find Paradise Group Facebook Page here: https://www.facebook.com/ParadiseGrp/?fref=ts

Comments