[Pre-180, My SJI Days, Be a Food Blogger] Korean Instant Food Taste Test with a KCC friend

I always have great passion for Korean food...instant ones included. :D And so, I would regularly keep a lookout for new Korean foods out in the market. (or simply keep a lookout of Korean foods which I haven't tried) 

Recently saw taste tests becoming a real trend on the internet, and I was thinking maybe I should share this Korean instant food taste test I did during my time in SJI Korea Club (KCC) as part of my [Pre-180] adventures. 

So there was this one day when I saw a shop selling a bundle pack of Korean Instant Food consisting of Korean bibimbap, seaweed and black bean milk. ($10 for a pack) A K-foodie myself, I thought of buying the pack to share with my fellow KCC friends during our weekly KCC sessions. 

And on one of the Monday sessions, fellow KCC friend Iswarya and I decided to try out the pack of food.

We started with our main course--bibimbap. But just as eating any instant food, we need to 'cook' the instant bibimbap with hot water for 10 minutes.



As we were at a school setting, we had no hot water around us. We ended up asking for some chicken soup from the chicken rice stall in our school canteen. While we were lucky that the chicken rice stall's uncle and auntie agreed to help us (they were friendly :D thanks uncle and auntie!), they added way too much water to our bibimbap. ^^ Hence Iswarya suggested that we drain out the excess soup, to prevent having bibimporrdige instead of bibimbap.^^. 

After 10 minutes, we opened the pack and mixed the sauces given to us in the bibimbap pack...Suspense suspense...





TA-DA!!! They looked nice right? :D (except for the fact that the rice was slightly watery due to the hot chicken soup :D )

The bibimbap tasted exceptionally good, in fact, it tasted just as good as any of the Korean instant noodles out in the market, which was more than what I had expected. So both Iswarya and myself enjoyed it a lot. Adding on to the great taste were egg nuggets and protein nuggets alongside with some vegetables and seaweed. With the toppings added, the instant bibimbap looked pretty much like the real thing. Both of us thought that it was good food to eat after school at 3.30pm.

Then we had the drinks and seaweed. The drink was okay and tasted a little like red bean ice-cream for me. A little way too beany. While Iswarya liked her drink, I personally felt that the drink could have been better. (it could be slightly less beany in my opinion) The seaweed, however, had no major surprises. It would have been the regular salted Korean seaweed available out there in the market.


But on the whole, this was a great experience. Nice to try out the black bean milk and instant bibimbap, something I would not have tried if there wasn't any KCC friends to try the food with me. :D

[Conclusion]Great experience! Will recommend the bibimbap. The black bean milk was just so-so...drink only if you prefer a slightly thicker drink with a beany flavour. :)

Comments

  1. Thanks Tian for sharing such great post about instant food, I love instant food...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment