[Pre-180, Be a Food Blogger] Dae Ssik Sin (Nex) BBQ

Both my mother and I are great fans of Korean BBQ, and we especially loved Dae Ssik Sin (DDS) Buffet BBQ. Located within various shopping malls across the island, my mother and I loved having our fill of DDS over at Nex, which is more convenient for us. 

I first encountered DDS when it opened at Nex in September 2014 and have been frequenting the restaurant since. Priced reasonably at $14.90++ per pax (Adult) for lunch and $24.90 per pax for dinner, DDS is definitely a good place for all-you-can-eat buffets. To add on, DDS is also a pretty good place for family or class/CCA gatherings. I once booked the lunch buffet for our SJI Korea Club's gathering cum club graduation party, and all 12 of us who went for the buffet felt greatly satisfied at the end of our meal.  





But first things first...How is the spread? For both lunch and dinner buffets, the spread includes the basic selection of marinated beef, sliced pork and chicken for meat, and fresh green leaves (mixed fresh vegetable salad for lunch, lettuce for dinner), cherry tomatoes, enoki mushrooms, sausages for uncooked sides. On top of the uncooked selections, DDS also offers cooked dishes such as Korean pancakes, Korean fried potato slices, Korean caramelised sweet potatoes, Korean rice cakes, Kimbap (Korean sushi), Japchae, seaweed soup, fishcake soup, kimchi soup, sweet corn salad and warm rice. Selection of condiments usually include the traditional Korean bean paste, chilli with soy sauce, garlic, salt and sesame oil. Drinks and dessert usually include fruit cocktail, red vinegar drink, soft drinks, and fresh oranges. :D

For dinner buffets, there will be much greater spread of food items such as beef rib eye, sliced beef and etc for meat (there's much more selection for meat for dinner buffets), prawns for seafood, lettuce for vegetables, items such as bossam (braised pork) for cooked dishes and red bean soup for dessert.

Sliced beef and beef rib eye are my personal favourites, and as such, I found myself going for more of the dinner buffets. (But lunch is good as well.) :D The beef rib eye, marinated in a slightly sweet sauce, is to my liking a lot. 

However, the meat cuts are not the only things to look forward to at DDS. I would like to recommend some of the cooked dishes, which I never fail to eat every time I visit DDS. Top on the list is the Korean fishcake soup. I simply loved the fishcake soup DDS offers. Cooked with radish, Korean fishcake, green chilli and pepper, the peppery soup is a comforting warm dish to go with before you start on the BBQ. In addition, I would also like to recommend the caramelised sweet potatoes. 

I took some photographs of the buffet line and food selections, so I shall share it here. :D

Vegetables Spread for lunch :)

 Some of the cooked sides available for both lunch and dinner :)

Sweet caramelised potatoes! :D

Sliced Beef--my favourite! :D
Side dish for dinner--Bossam
                       

Cooked sides for lunch and dinner--Japchae and Korean pancakes

My favourite Korean fishcake soup (available during both lunch and dinner)
On the whole, I really liked DDS. Not only is the food selection wide, the food is also tasty, filling, and the BBQ process is also grease-free. So it's my all time favourite. :) One thing to note, though, is that each patron is given a time limit of 2 hours. (But not that much of an issue with me and my family. :D )





[Conclusion] Good food. Will be back as always.

[Dae Ssik Sin (Nex)] #02-01, 23 Serangoon Central, Nex
[Telephone]:6634 4610
[Opening Hours] 11am-10.30pm

Other DDS outlets include:
[Dae Ssik Sin (Waterway Point)] #01-33 Waterway Point

[Dae Ssik Sin (Orchard Gateway)] #03-17 Orchard Gateway

[Dae Ssik Sin (Bugis Plus)]  #04-05, 201 Victoria Street, Bugis Plus

Comments